Skip to main content

probably plight less

To be 'cultured' is for an individual or group to possess characteristics of a certain culture rather than any culture. That's why some rural folk, among others, are said to not be 'cultured.' But they are cultured; it's just that they are rural rather than bourgeois or noble European. Why their cultural capital is any less 'cultured' is beyond me.

Goo Goo Dolls are to Rock music what realism is to art. Songs like "Iris" and "Black Balloon" are wonderful, though they're those songs in the back of your head that you know you've heard before when you hear them in a most real manifestation (say, on the radio instead of in your brain). Good realistic art so often prompts observers to say "well, that's very nice," and then they're bored and out the door. The quality is so profound and realistic - taken for granted - that they don't even give much thought to it. At least, that's what I've found to be true for me. The truth of my statement is contingent upon the particular consumer, I would imagine.

Refrigerators are strange because they allow the opportunity to store both food that is meant to stay cold and food that is meant to be warmed, eventually. Microwaves, on the other hand, are only used to turn cold food into warm food. It's weird how some food that ought to be warm has to be cold for any period of time at all.

I'll never forget the expression on your face whilst eating that cucumber and mayonnaise sandwich. You probably don't even know that I exist. Did you see me there? Will you ever read this? You looked rather forlorn ... the blues of soccer camp, I guess. I could sympathize.

I have a headache. I had a headache. Peppermint oil for the forehead is the best medicine. Distraction is almost as good. It is past 11:00 PM and it's still ~19 degrees Celsius. I don't know why 'Celsius' is supposed to be capitalized. The warm weather is against me, and somehow, I'm not thirsty. The question of "where on your head does it hurt?" is odd. If my head is in pain, I probably can't think clearly enough to give a proper answer. Can a person keep track of the pain in their head any better than they can keep track of their thoughts?

Comments

  1. "Celsius" is capitalized because I think it's someone's name. I'm too lazy to Google it.

    Wife uses peppermint oil on the fam, for headaches and nausea. Could be the placebo effect, but I think it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct, it's named after Anders Celsius, a Swedish astronomer.

      I'd be surprised if it was placebo. Most placebos, I would guess, are those medicines intended to deal with more psychological concerns ... but wait, headaches are psychologically concerning to some degree. I guess what I mean to say, then, is that for those who have headaches of a more physical nature, peppermint oil probably will work because, from my experience, you can physically feel it working.

      Delete

Post a Comment