Sunday, February 5, 2017

Nickelback is My New Favourite Band

What a strange time I find myself in. Who have I been listening to on and off all day? You guessed it: Nickelback. I should note that I have liked some Nickelback songs for quite a few years. "Far Away," "Photograph," "Savin' Me," and others are all enjoyable tracks. The problem is that Nickelback has been one of those bands that many people love to hate - that is, up until now. Only a few days ago did they release their new single "Feed the Machine." It has received surprisingly positive reviews so far, even from a site like Metal Injection, where Greg Kennelty said that it "...has some surprisingly good riffs." All I can do is laugh about this and blast their tunes. Hopefully one day I'll come to my senses and lay waste to this vain distraction (insert crying/laughing emoji here).

Edit: Shortly after publishing this, I remembered that five years ago I published a post (on an older blog) saying that Nickelback was my new favourite band. Some things simply don't change, do they?

4 comments:

  1. They are your countrymen, after all. I think you get a pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha-ha! I don't know if I should thank you or be appalled that you've given me a justifiable reason to listen to them. I noticed on your blog you've only mentioned them a couple of times ... what do you think of Nickelback? Also, looking forward to those P.O.D. reviews!

      Delete
  2. Man, I'm not gonna lie. Nickelback are fun to make fun of for some reason. My cousin and I both hate the Dallas Cowboys football team, and I once made a fake twitter account for their starting quarterback that explored his musical tastes. Nickelback was mentioned several times...I obviously didn't have a ton of zeal for it, because I've only updated it once in the past year. Here it is, but I warn you, it is ridiculous:
    https://twitter.com/romo_music
    But with that said, I have never actually dug into their music beyond their ubiquitous radio singles. Their albums might actually be good? I don't know. Now I feel kind of bad. I've never given them a fair a shake, which is ironically something I'm about to complain about in these P.O.D. reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for weighing in. I agree, they are very fun to make fun of. That Twitter account is wild! LOL. I'm liking those T-Swift references ... never really understood the appeal with her.

      Delete