Friday, August 19, 2016

Four Essays On Smashwords

Recently, I've been learning the ropes of uploading to Smashwords. There has been success as well as failure, but I have four essays uploaded and it looks like they're of a high enough quality as to not be removed. One such failure is that two of the essays are limited in their formats. This is because I spent time formatting one as to make for a decent e-book, but it did not, so I was apathetic and did not make further alterations. The other problem is that I used Chicago citations on one essay which is apparently unacceptable for e-books. Anyway, at least they're there as PDFs, I figure.

Here are the essays I uploaded:

1. On Eastern Orthodoxy: Exploring the Afterlife

2. The Relation Between Social Justice and Christianity 

3. Internet Use in Canada, the Let's Talk Campaign, and the Sociological Perspectives 

4. A Sociological Exploration of Antidepressants

I'm sure there will be more to come, but for the time being, I think I'm content with what's on there for awhile. I may as well post some pictures to make for a "full presentation."

Edit: I have taken two down for the time being. As the story goes, I sent these to a research journal under my actual name. Since I write under pseudonym here, I didn't want any possibility of making it seem as if I had somehow plagiarized. Perhaps I'm overthinking this whole thing, but I don't want to squander my opportunity.








2 comments:

  1. If you have issues with Smashwords formatting, you might want to ask Ed Hurst about it. He's done a lot on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call. His library is of mammoth proportions! The books I've downloaded from him have all looked good, too.

      Delete