Friday, June 10, 2016

In Medias Res - Spring 2016 Issue

A couple of my poems have been included in the latest edition of In Medias Res, a liberal arts journal published by St. Thomas More College. It's always a pleasure contributing to this wonderful publication; I admire the general spirit and find something of interest in every issue. Although I will say that I'm dissatisfied on my part with "open / close." I believe it's one of my weaker poems, though I initially thought it was quite good for some reason that now seems rather alien.



2 comments:

  1. Well, I like the poem, but you know your skills and development better than I do, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I guess the disdain for it mostly stems from the difficulty of writing about spirituality without sounding too cliché, especially a poem that's intended to be on the more encouraging side.

      Delete